[TYPO3-mvc] How can I give content to a ViewHelper when using alternative syntax?

Oliver Salzburg oliver.salzburg at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 3 18:16:46 CEST 2012

On 2012-08-03 16:52, Claus Due wrote:
> That ViewHelper should be placed in your own extension. If you build an
> empty extension using extension_builder and create Classes/ViewHelpers
> and then check any ViewHelper in existence for how the class should look.
>
> Or use the skeleton ViewHelper I linked to - just wipe the body of the render
> method.

Oh, I see. I never really thought about the option of having an "empty"
extension that only contains a ViewHelper for me to use.

I planned to simply have a viewhelper folder in my fileadmin hierarchy
and "register" it with the system, so that I can use it. I assumed this
functionality must exist on some level.

However, I'll try what you suggested and see where it takes me.
Thanks for your support :)

Cheers
Oliver