[TYPO3-mvc] Upgrading an application from Extbase 1.3

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Fri Apr 27 09:44:14 CEST 2012

Helmut Hummel wrote:

Hi Helmut & François,

>> [...] i.e. anyone sending a properly crafted request can
>> change any property of any object?

> Exactly that.

Just for completeness: This is true as long as one has access to an
updating action that accepts the target type.
In previous versions this was circumvented with an HMAC [1] that Fluid
creates transparently. Unfortunately the implementation had some
glitches, but I hope that we can get a similar mechanism back sometime soon.

In the meantime note that the new property mapper *is not active* by
default for exact that reason!

@François The list of breaking changes [2] should help you to get your
extbase extensions updated. If you didn't access too many non-API
methods (see [3]) this should work pretty trouble-free. Let us know, if
that's not the case.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hmac
[2] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-mvc/wiki/Breaking_Changes
[3] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-mvc/wiki/Public_API