[TYPO3-mvc] Non-existing element in single view

Chris Müller mueller at cyperfection.de
Wed Apr 25 13:04:11 CEST 2012

Hi,

I made my first extbase extension with a list and single view.
Everything works fine.

In the single view I'm getting a parameter with the uid of the requested
item. But if this uid doesn't exists there is a TYPO3 exception thrown:

The value must be of type "Tx_MyExtensionName_Domain_Model_Foobar", but
was of type "NULL".

This is not what I want the website user to see. Instead he should see a
customized error message in the website layout.

Where can I catch this exception and how can I show a nice error message
to the user?

Regards,
Chris.