[TYPO3-mvc] Persistence of value objects

Dennis Ahrens dennis.ahrens at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 19 12:54:30 CEST 2012

Hi Henjo,

On 19.04.2012 09:33, Henjo Hoeksma wrote:
> it seems to me it will only be stable when you check in the BE if an object
> is unique in it's values. So for a simple input this will be no problem.
> When you have a value object with more properties, you will have to write a
> check for the BE to make sure the combination of properties only exists
> once.
> When that is in place, you can freely work with both BE and FE on value
> objects.

You mean a special hook for each value object? I guess i'll do it this
way for a quick solution.

There is a general approach in #12306. I've started on the base of the
patch from Stefan Isak - but it needs some adjustments. Would be nice if
this is part of extbase, although it will not be a clean solution.

The mapping from the tableName to the className is difficult at this
point (single table inheritance - no place where all extbase classes can
be fetched, cause of naming convention).

Are there any plans/oppinions in the extbase team regarding this topic?

regards
Dennis