[TYPO3-mvc] Possible causes for not executing an action?

Michael Oehlhof typo3 at oehlhof.de
Sat Apr 14 17:11:24 CEST 2012

Hello all.

I'm looking for possible causes why the default action is executed
instead of the actual action.

Locally the actual action is executed, both for the default (German) and
additional Language (English) version of the site.

On a test server it works only for the additional language version,
executing the action for the default language shows the default action.

On the live system for both languages the default action is shown.

When I add, for testing, a page type used for AJAX communication to the
URL, then the HTML output of the actual action is shown in the browser.

I am using TYPO3 4.5 and the extension uses flexform for configuration.

Because it works locally I have no chance to find the problem with
debugging.

What can I look for on the remote systems to find out why the default
action is called instead of the actual action?

Does anyone have a guideline to process and find out whats wrong?

Any help are appreciate.

Michael