[TYPO3-mvc] single table inheritance - subclasses

Dennis Ahrens dennis.ahrens at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 13 18:21:48 CEST 2012

Hi Franz,

On 13.04.2012 16:42, Franz Koch wrote:
> in doubt, just create a UniversityUserRepository, because I suppose you
> never expect to just get a FrontendUser back anyway. Or define
> "Student", "Employee" and "Lecturer" as direct subclasses of
> FrontendUser (STI wise) while keeping the PHP subclassing as is. Both
> should work IMO.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I've switched away from this inheritance structure and use frontend user
groups instead now - this makes more sense at all in my case. All
classes have the same properties and i want to use the information for
access restrictions.

Nevertheless i think that extbase should support the initially described
scenario.

regards
Dennis