[TYPO3-mvc] Retrieving and saving from and to a different database

Henjo Hoeksma me at henjohoeksma.nl
Fri Apr 13 08:11:05 CEST 2012

Hi list,

I am currently looking for the possibilities to retrieve from and save to a
different database than the sites database.

I have seen the Typo3DbBackend class where the database handle is set and I
wonder if I would extend that class using a constructor to set a different
database handle if that would work.
The database to connect with is not so nice setup when I would like to use
DDD principles and I wonder if it would then be possible to map a class to
more then one table (some properties in one and other properties in another
table).

Has anyone done something like this?
Is it possible? And if so - any tips and suggestions perhaps?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Henjo

Problems are small because we learned how to deal with them.
Problems are big because we need to learn how to deal with them.