[TYPO3-mvc] get current CE uid into fluid view

Frank Gerards F.Gerards at esolut.de
Thu Apr 5 13:42:24 CEST 2012

Hi list J,

I need the uid of the current content-element the fluid view is
rendering as information inside a fluid view.

My idea was to get it via a Typoscript Object (of type RECORDS) and
insert it via <f:cObject ...>.

So in typoscript I made my object like:

lib.somelib = RECORDS
lib.somelib {

                tables = tt_content

                source.current = 1

                conf.tt_content = TEXT

                conf.tt_content.field = uid

}

By source.current = 1 I thought to get the current uid of the content
element, much like it is done in TemplaVoila FCEs.

Sadly, this construct returns nothing. If I change source.current = 1 to
source = <absolute-dataset-ID> it works perfect.

My question: Isnt a fluid view embedded in the usual TYPO3 rendering
context where I .current = 1 works ?

Greetz,

Frank