[TYPO3-mvc] post processing a BE record input (FED?)

Claus Due claus at wildside.dk
Thu Sep 15 18:32:20 CEST 2011

Hi Sy,

I guess I'm the right person to answer this question ;)

What you need is a TCEMain hook (you can see how FED does this and copy it, Tx_Fed_Backend_TCEMain and ext_localconf.php), then perform your own processing in that hook function/class. If you make your extension depend on FED then the hooks should be executed in the correct order.

FED only hooks into changes made in the "pages" and "tt_content" tables so if you just need to manipulate your own records in your hook, then there is no chance of anything breaking (well, except your own records of course). You have an argument $table which you can, and indeed should, use for conditions to only process records from your particular table(s).

I will definitely consider your idea about having a Controller to execute hooks when saving/getting records in BE. Could be quite useful to have something like that! Just so I don't forget, could you add a feature request at forge[1] please? :)

Keep in mind, though, that the TCEMain hooks all use data arrays with the old-style underscored_fieldnames instead of the lowerCamelCase ones, you cannot use your records as objects (which unfortunately prevents relation processing unless done manually) and finally, you naturally lose all your validations and repository functionality (unless you implement property mapping through Extbase's PropertyMapper - if you need pointers about this, you're welcome to ask).

Cheers,
Claus the FED-guy.

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-fed/issues