[TYPO3-mvc] MM on self using IRRE

Henjo Hoeksma me at henjohoeksma.nl
Sun Sep 11 20:01:54 CEST 2011

Hi list,

I know a lot has been said about MM relationships. Less has been said
about MM relations to an object of the same kind, but still somethings
has been said about it.

I wonder if there is a working solution to create a MM relation (IRRE,
symmetric) with Extbase.

I can get this to perfectly work in the TCA. When getting to the FE
though, it tries to find the uid_local from the MM-table in the object,
which of course doesn't work.

I set the mapping of the respective property to the uid column, and it
got the sql error out of the. But none of the records were found in the
foreach loop in Fluid, so I gues something goes wrong here still.

I have a workaround now, but would like to know if this should be
working at this point of time.

Thanks for your thoughts.

(If desired I can put the config here, but I would have to redo it,
since I altered it code and didn't commit in between ;-) )

Henjo