[TYPO3-mvc] Feature request for Fluid: add contentObjectData by default

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Fri Sep 9 17:03:38 CEST 2011

Sebastian Kurfürst wrote:

> I would rather not like predefined variables in the view [...]

I agree.

> That's why I'd suggest to use a ViewHelper for including this variable
> in the Template, as it has been suggested by Søren.

Alternatively you could create an abstract basecontroller (which is
always a good idea) and pass it to the view yourself by overriding the
initializeView() method:

protected function initializeView(Tx_Extbase_MVC_View_ViewInterface $view) {
	$view->assign('contentObjectData',
$this->configurationManager->getContentObject()->data);
}

Best,
Bastian