[TYPO3-mvc] extbase / fluid :: how to add an alphabetical filter/pager to list view?

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Mon Oct 31 23:48:05 CET 2011

On 10/31/2011 11:27 PM, Roland wrote:
> hello,
>
> how can you add an "alphabetical pager" (filter) to a list view (e.g.
> products) of an extbase-extension-frontend-plugin?
>
> ALL | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | ...
>
> if there is at least one product beginning with e.g. "A" the letter
> should link to a filtered list-view: e.g. list all products beginning
> with "A".

Hi,

by creating a custom widget for that maybe? Although it might not
exactly fit your context possibly the Paginate-ViewHelper in fluid might
be of interest for you (see Widget/PaginateViewHelper.php and
Widget/Controller/PaginateController.php). Build the pager might imho be
similar to what you have in mind.

Please note that if you really might need to traverse all elements for
building the filter this might possibly be a burden on the database. So
you'll have to give it some thought how to build your filter more easily
in case of large result-lists or many queries.

Good luck,
 Stefan