[TYPO3-mvc] Problem with overwriting $this->settings with values from pluginConfiguration

Stefan Frömken firma at sfroemken.de
Mon Oct 31 21:19:51 CET 2011

Hello MVC-Team,

my Plugin is configurable with TypoScript:

plugin.tx_plugin {
	settings {
		...many settings

and Extbase overwrites these settings with the plugin-flexform which
also has

settings.xyz

defined.

At the first look of view it works like expected: The value of FlexForm
overwrites the Value from TS.
BUT: When a value in FlexForm is empty it overwrites the TS-Value, too.

How to solve this problem? All Extbase-methods to read FlexFormValues
are marked as protected...so I can't access them. piBase is old and I
don't want to use this in modern extensionprogramming.

The method mergeConfigurationIntoFrameworkConfiguration always calls
t3lib_div::array_merge_recursive_overrule with the fourth attribute as
TRUE, so all empty values from Flexform will overwrite the filled values
from TS.

So...any ideas to prevent from overwriting or do you have another solution?

Stefan