[TYPO3-mvc] extbase/fluid & TYPO3 4.5 LTS

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Fri Oct 28 10:10:02 CEST 2011

Daniel Schöne schrieb am 27.10.2011 11:50:

> I have some questions regarding the roadmap of TYPO3 4.5 LTS and
> extbase/fluid:
>
> 1. what version of extbase/fluid got released w/ TYPO3 4.6? In the
> release notes there were links to the 1.4 changelogs. But on forge there
> are several open issues for 1.4 (and 1.3.1) and there is no such tag on
> git (just the TYPO3_4-6-0 tag).
> 2. are the extbase/fluid versions in 4.6 also compatible w/ 4.5.x? OR
> 3. are the 1.3.x branches intended to be used w/ 4.5.x
>
> I understand, that you do not want to include breaking changes into the
> LTS version of TYPO3, but I'd love to see bugfixes and improvements such
> as the compiled fluid templates in 4.5.x wherever possible.

Yes, that's also one feature I think worth considering for 4.5! First
we'll see if it proves to be real rock stable and good in 4.6 and later
we can think making a stable backport for 4.5.

The TYPO3v4 Core has a policy of "no new features" in released versions,
but we will do exceptions especially in 4.5 LTS in cases of "performance
gain" and where the backwards compatibility can be guaranteed. I can
imagine having some kind of "release candidate" to make it possible for
a bigger audience to test if it doesn't break anything before doing an
official 4.5.x release with this kind of addition.

> Would be sad if TYPO3 4.5.x would be kind of dead end for
> extbase/fluid development.

Sure, I agree with that!

Cheers,
Ernesto