[TYPO3-mvc] view renderer ignores action argument

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Sat Oct 15 09:59:27 CEST 2011

Thomas Allmer wrote:

Hi Thomas,

> and I mean it's just as simple as making a function public instead of
> protected... [...]

This might seem to be an easy decision, but it has to be considered very
well, which parts of the Framework are public (api) and which aren't -
and it has to be in sync with FLOW3.
I don't see a reason, why this shouldn't be public in this case, but
it's not a matter of changing the string "protected" to "public"
unfortunately.

> there is currently not much feedback from the devs as I guess they are
> pretty busy with FLOW3 1.0...

As you might have read [1], we're currently restructuring the Extbase
team. This is also an effort to reduce the massive amount of 200+ open
issues in the tracker, but this might take some time so please bear with us.

Bastian

[1] http://news.typo3.org/news/article/extbase-grows-up/