[TYPO3-mvc] data from default lang for object in actual lang?

Bernd Wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Mon Oct 10 09:42:22 CEST 2011

On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 15:53:39 +0200, Franz Koch wrote:

> Hey,
>
>> description of the project:
>> a lot of records with a variant field which includes a flexform, where
>> data is stored as xml.
>> handling to these fields works as expected. now i should change the
>> behaviour on translation: translated records should not include the
>> whole flexform but only some fields, which really contain
>> language-dependent information. most fields stay the same. especially
>> the high-resolution images. at the moment all fields are copied on
>> translation including all the big images. As there are 6 languages this
>> results in 6 identical copies of each image and a lot of wasted space
>> on the server.
>
> sounds like a missing/wrong localization config for the flexform fields.
> You know that you can apply the same translation handling settings on
> flexform fields then for TCA fields? What's your configuration?

I don't want to have multiple languages in one record's flexform, but
localized records, each with _one_ flexform. But the translated records
should contain another (reduced) flexform than the default language
record. This is possible by the way the flexform is selected.

the problem is the handling in the extension PHP:
so I set ...->setRespectSysLanguage(false) I got a translated record.
my solution:
doing a call to $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_SELECTgetRows() by  my own :(

> Also you could consider to NOT use a field of type GROUP for your
> images, but a simple input field having a wizard assigned allowing to
> select the related image. Then only the image path would be stored in
> the XML while the image will stay only once in fileadmin.

meanwhile this is done also.
but instead of an input field I use file_reference.
BTW: bad habit of this: there is no possibility to view the path of the
file, only the filename is shown.

bernd