[TYPO3-mvc] Associate Extbase Extension records with records of another Extension? (tt_news / custom Extbase extension)

Roland most.wanted at gmx.at
Mon Nov 28 18:27:06 CET 2011

hey everybody,

i just ask myself, if a custom made Extbase extension would be a good
solution to solve my problem - would be gread if some of you could tell
me your opinion about it. thanks!

in my current project there needs to be the possibility to create image
galleries in various situations.

it should be possible to associate a gallery with:

a) news items (tt_news) and
b) products (custom made extbase extension)

furthermore there will be independent image galleries.

in the future i (as a developer) should also be able to add a shop
functionality and some access management for special images of the
galleries.

Maybe DAM is also something wich should be integrated.

if there would only be standalone (with no association to records of
other extensions) image galleries, i guess i would create an custom
Extbase extension...

what do you think?

kind regards.

roland

ps: also see thread "extending news" (14/11/2011).