[TYPO3-mvc] Typolink extbase fluid

Matt Janus janus76uk at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 25 11:41:09 CET 2011

I am just starting out with extbase and fluid and thought I would try
rebuilding an old pibase extension in fluid and extbase and to get the
hang of it.

I have got a bit stuck with a particular issue – typolinks.

In the backend of the old extension, the user can complete a link
field – this can be an external URL, page within the site, file or
email address.

In my old pibase extension I simply passed this value to

$this->cObj->typolink

And it would generate the correct link type in the frontend.

Looking at fluid it seems that this has been separate into options for
each type of link:

<f:link.email

<f:link.external

<f:link.page

How could I accomplish the same goal of being able to use any type of
link within a fluid template? Can this be done by creating additional
viewHelpers? Does typolink still function the same way in extbase?

Any pointers you could give would be most welcome.

Kind regards

Matt