[TYPO3-mvc] capture and re-use controller/view output

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Thu Nov 24 15:48:25 CET 2011

Hi List,

I have a controller/view that creates a tasklist for the user that is
currently logged in. Now I want to make a script that will send each
user an email with their tasklist. To do that, I don't want to duplicate
the logic for creating the tasklists. Preferrably, I would provide the
controller with the id of the user and a modified view (for email,
instead of screen display) and then capture the output of the view to
send it by email.

My question is, how do I capture the output of a normal view in a
variable (so I can send by email)? I know I can do this with stand-alone
fluid, but this requires shuffling and possibly duplicating some of the
already existing logic.

(To have all front-end functionality available, the script that creates
the tasklist and email it can run as a front-end plugin, it doesn't
necessarily need to run in cli-mode).

Cheers,
Loek