[TYPO3-mvc] Translate only a part of a model

Sebastian Schreiber me at schreibersebastian.de
Wed Nov 23 09:57:52 CET 2011

Hi Sören,
your question actually doesn´t belong to this mailinglist.

In short:
You don´t have to create a new table for the tranlsation, of course not.

You have to configure your TCA properly and set the l10n_mode setting in
the config array of the field correctly:
Have a look at:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.1.0/view/4/2/
Search for l10n_mode.

Am 23.11.2011 09:51, schrieb Sören Kracker:
> Hi,
> I wonder how I can realize something like this:
> Model "File" with variables "filename", "filepath" and "description".
> I only want to translate the description. Filename and filepath should
> be the same in all languages. The table has these fields for
> translation (automatically added by extension builder):
> sys_language_uid int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
> l10n_parent int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
> l10n_diffsource mediumblob,
>
> Do I have to create another table containing the fields above and add
> a relation from "File"-Model (without translation enabled)? Or is
> there somehow an option to define variables that should be translated?
>
> Greetings
> Sören

Sebastian Schreiber
(Medieninformatiker B.Sc.)