[TYPO3-mvc] extending news

Claus Due claus at wildside.dk
Tue Nov 15 13:17:31 CET 2011

> IMO this is (magic methods) not used because it slow. furthermore there are no annotations, so the whole propertymapper & co doesn't know anything about the types and so on.

The problems don't stop here. Class reflection and argument reflection becomes impossible, argument control is lacking, you cannot type your arguments and you get no code completion - and worst of all, you can never tell if a property really exists in the Model; all of this is pure poison to Persistence and ORM.

> I know too less about the SignalSlot and all the magic behind but it looks more promising then the magic methods

Definitely yes!

Cheers,
Claus