[TYPO3-mvc] Value 0 in integer field: gone - only with form.textfield

christian oettinger christian.oettinger at gmx.de
Mon Nov 7 11:57:19 CET 2011

Hi all,

it seems to me this is new in extbase 1.3 respectively fluid 1.3: An
integer field is shown empty in my form if the value in DB is 0. So I
can not distiguish any more between empty value and 0. (Before, this was
only the case for boolean fields, what I understand).
I then checked with type string also - same result. In the end I found
that using f:form.textfield seems to create this behaviour. The same
field with f:form.textarea works as I expect - the 0 is shown with type
int as well as type string.

This seems strange to me, is this intended? Or do I miss something?

Thanks a lot for ANY HINT in that matter
christian (oe)