[TYPO3-mvc] Extbase: How to define default controller and default action?

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Sun Nov 6 12:10:43 CET 2011

Peter Niederlag wrote:

Hi,

>> If you need multiple defaults, I'd suggest to create multiple plugins.
>> A plugin in Extbase is just a collection of controller&  actions, so it
>> is really "cheap".
>
> but you will have the problem of different "namespaces" which make
> passing of arguments a little harder. IIRC there are some options to
> bypass this problem.

Yes, the plugin namespace is configurable, see [1].

> The flexform can be customized pretty much by its possibilities to
> hide/show fields, for example based on the chosen
> switchableControllerAction.

True, but IMO it's just needless complexity in most cases.

> I "always" use the second way and only add separate plugins for really
> separated functionality that is mostly isolated.

Let me take a wild guess:
You do this 1.) because it was the way to go for ages and 2.) because
many plugins swamp the insert-plugin-wizard of TYPO3.
I can definitely comprehend the 2nd reason and I think, we need to
extend the wizard in a way that plugins can be grouped somehow.

> Another "more dirty" approach I have lately used is to forward to other
> actions inside the default action, for example based on wether an
> argument is set or not.

But why? whyyy?? ;)

Bastian

[1]