[TYPO3-mvc] Backend editing and related objects

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Nov 4 08:33:09 CET 2011

Hi,

> maybe it's a simple question, but I can't find any reference in core documentation.
>
> I've got a simple domain design including an aggregate root with several properties and two related objects.
> While editing the objects in TYPO3 backend, I'd like to have editors only working with aggregate roots. Therefore I use the TCA key "hideTable" to avoid record listing of the related objects. So far so cool, but if an admin user moves an aggregate root object to another storage folder, I'm getting permissions issues, cause the related objects remain in the old folder.
>
> How can I ensure that related objects also getting moved, if the parent object moves?

sorry, this is more a general TYPO3 question then related to Extbase.
Would you mind asking this question in the english or german list where
you might get better answers?
I know that there is a option like "move child records with parent", but
I think this only applies for IRRE relations. If you can't find anything
else in the docs your last option would be using one of the TCEmain
hooks and take care of it yourself. Or you could force a certain pid for
your relations and give access to this (hidden) folder to your editors.