[TYPO3-mvc] Scheduler $_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] not set

Tim Schoch | GSTALTIG tim.schoch at gstaltig.ch
Fri May 27 15:31:20 CEST 2011

Hello List

I had the strange problem that scheduler tasks failed on the cli but worked fine when started manually in the backend.
Finally I found that when called by the cronjob the $_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] was empty ( BE is POST ) and beacuse of that Tx_Extbase_MVC_Web_Request::setMethod() fails.

My work around is to set the value by hand inside the scheduler task, but I guess this should work without such a hack.
Has anybody else had issues with extbase scheduler tasks? (I'm running the latest released versions)

Tim