[TYPO3-mvc] Manually set the template path in the controller

Christian Essl essl at incert.at
Mon May 23 11:48:26 CEST 2011

Hi,

By default extbase automatically looks up templates in Resources/Private/Templates/Controllername/actionname.html
That works good  in most cases.

But in my case I need to be able to assign different templates in one Action.
More precisely: The user in my web application can optionally set the path to an alternative template in a database field. If that's the case, I want to override the default behavior and use that template from the database record instead.

I explored the  actionController-Class and think it has to be somewhere in the resolveView()-function, but I could'nt figure it out. Is there a simple way to achieve that?

Regards,
Christian