[TYPO3-mvc] Updating a list empties it!

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Tue May 10 12:03:47 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Actually my contacts get added to the _mm table successfully but
> Extbase, for some reason, does not populate column "tablenames" with
> "fe_users" this leads to "unlinked" records and thus the repository (and
> TYPO3 in BE) does not see those related records anymore. It does that
> even for existing relations, not only for the newly added contact.
>
> Furthermore, column "contacts" of table "services" is set to the number
> of contacts when using TYPO3 BE but is set to 0 when using Extbase in
> FE. This does not impact anything in regard to the relations but it's a
> difference of behavior.

OK, here's the point!

Structure of MM table for blog_example is as such:

uid_local
uid_foreign
sorting
sorting_foreign

whereas my structure is this one:

uid
pid
uid_local
uid_foreign
tablenames
sorting
sorting_foreign
tstamp
crdate
hidden

Don't know why but I guess this is related to some automatically
generated code from kickstarter a long time ago. My TCA then looks like
that:

'MM_match_fields' => array(
	'tablenames' => 'fe_users'
),

and as the tablenames column is not populated, the relations are lost!

I just removed this condition and this suddenly works as expected. I
guess I could now easily get rid of unneeded columns too.

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!