[TYPO3-mvc] Customizing joins.

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Sat May 7 10:32:57 CEST 2011

Hey,

> Is it possible to customize the field that is chosen to produce joins in
> extbase? I have used other frameworks and with those one can change join
> behavior on the fly. I see that there are join objects in the extbase
> framework, but I can not find a way to use them.

No, AFAIK the relation field is not yet customizable. I tried to
implement that once, but didn't succeed (mostly due to lack of time back
then).

> All I would like to do is use this code in a query:
> $query->like('staticInfoCountry.cnShortEn', '%'.$keyword.'%').

This is working, but "cnShortEn" has to be mapped in your country object.

What I currently do is to call the repository from within my domain
model having a relation to a static_country record and return this in
the getCountry method.