[TYPO3-mvc] Using interfaces for dependency injection on domain models

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Mar 30 19:25:08 CEST 2011

Hey,

> Yeah, I understand. But wouldn't it be the "right" way to introduce
> interfaces for every domain model in my extensions, to provide as much
> flexibility as possible to other developers, which may need to exchange
> those domain models for some reason?

It doesn't make sense to me to completely exchange domain specific
models just for the sake to add one additional property. It might for
sure be needed at some point to extend models with new properties to
have them available in Fluid. But that's nothing I'd solve with using
interfaces only because it might be the only way currently. I still plan
to implement mixins in Extbase that would allow exactly that - but I
can't name a date when this will be ready.