[TYPO3-mvc] Oracle DB Backend

Zachary Davis zach at castironcoding.com
Thu Mar 24 04:08:20 CET 2011

Dennis,

Sorry not to get back to you sooner, I missed this message somehow. We
haven't published the code, nor do we plan to until we can really flesh
out the insert/update side of it. However, if you're mainly reading from
an Oracle DB, then this should definitely be usable. It does assume,
however, that you're using DBAL, as queries is passed through the TYPO3
DB abstraction layer. That said, if you only wanted to pull data from
Oracle for extBase, it wouldn't be hard to modify our code to talk to
the Oracle DB directly.

Email me off list and I'd be happy to send you the Oracle DB Backend
class and some basic instructions on how to use it. You'll need the
version of ExtBase that came with TYPO3 4.5.2, as it relies on a
Typoscript setting or two in that version.

best,
Zach