[TYPO3-mvc] Caching problem?

Lienhart Woitok Lienhart.Woitok at netlogix.de
Tue Mar 22 18:20:19 CET 2011

Hey all,

> I agree that having cHash for uncached actions is a bit weird at first but
> it definitively makes sense to let the USER somehow become a USER_INT once
> it has been cached.

I'm not completely sure that I understand all this correctly, but from my understanding it makes perfect sense to have an cHash for a page with a USER_INT. The page surrounding the USER_INT is normally not influenced by the USER_INT and therefore can and should be cached. Thus a cHash is needed. Nothing wrong with that.
If someone has problems with cache tables full of unnecessary cHashes, he or she probably uses some get parameters for the uncached action (with post data, it should be only one cHash which I think is necessary). For those cases it might be best to exclude the action arguments for uncached actions from the cHash. This is probably not easy to do generically, as same argument names might be used for cached and uncached actions. Can this be done via hook when the cHash is verified (check if action is uncached, if yes exclude it's arguments from verification)? The UriBuilder would have to support that, too, but I don't see that as a problem.

Just my 2 cents.

Kind regards

Lienhart Woitok
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Lienhart.Woitok at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de

--
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt