[TYPO3-mvc] Caching problem?

Xavier Perseguers xavier.perseguers at typo3.org
Tue Mar 22 15:28:45 CET 2011

Hey Franz,

> I know about that issue - already discussed that with Bastian. So do you
> see any good solution form your side?

No atm.

> The mentioned snippet in the UriBuilder got implemented after a feature
> request to remove the cHash on nonCached uris, which is correct behavior
> and should be kept. If we'd always append the cHash, the very same page
> would be added several times to the page cache although it's content is
> set to USER_INT and isn't even part of the cached page. So this is also
> a no-go.

I agree but current behavior is a no-go too and *must* be fixed with the
next release of 4.5 as it isn't reliable.

> The only "solution" I currently see for mixed (cached/noncached) plugins
> displayed on the same page would be to check if the default action is
> cached, and if so always add a cHash in case it's a link to the same
> pageUid. This will of course also add unnecessary entries to the page
> cache, but at least not for all scenarios.

Sounds like a good option, at least for next patch release of 4.5.

> Or is there a hook in TYPO3 we could use to manipulate the cache
> handling? Didn't have a look yet. The ideal solution would be to only
> have one version in the page cache for all USER_INT actions independent
> of their parameters/cHash.

I don't know of one of them but this could be added if needed, though
probably only with 4.6.

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6