[TYPO3-mvc] Memory Usage with 2000 Domain Objects

Lienhart Woitok Lienhart.Woitok at netlogix.de
Tue Mar 22 12:49:35 CET 2011

Hi Tim,

interesting problem, that. A random thought that occurred to me while reading your mail was "circular reference". A LazyLoadingProxy has a reference to the model object containing that proxy. Thus you have a circular reference. Before PHP 5.3 the garbage collector was not able to handle that, so if you are on PHP 5.2, even though you unregister your objects, they would still remain in memory. I'm not sure how PHP 5.3 handles Extbase's LazyLoadingProxies, but you might want to investigate in that direction. The PHP manual about garbage collection might be a start: http://www.php.net/manual/en/features.gc.php

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Lienhart Woitok
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Lienhart.Woitok at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de

--
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt