[TYPO3-mvc] How to check if object was created ?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Tue Mar 8 10:54:27 CET 2011

Hey,

> $temp = t3lib_div::makeInstance("Tx_MyExt_Domain_Model_Record");
> $temp = $this->findByExtRec($resVal['uid']);
>
> How can I check is $temp is really an object?

why do you first create a empty object and then overwrite it by a method
call again? And as of Extbase 1.3 it's recommended to use the
$this->objectManager->get('Tx_Ext_Domain_Model_Foo') instead of
t3lib_div::makeInstance.

> Not always I`ll find an object in database so I need to check before
> I`ll use for example $temp->getUid()
>
> How can I do that ?

just have a look at the php documentation or google ;P

if ($temp !== NULL && is_object($temp)) {
	// do something