[TYPO3-mvc] Query settings for showing hidden objects

Andreas Kiessling kiessling at pluspol.info
Sun Mar 6 10:39:56 CET 2011

Hi,

one big drawback of using setRespectEnableFields is, that this also
skips start- end endtime + some other statements that are evaluated in
t3lib_pageSelect::enableFields.
I have some scenarios with multilanguage setups, where localized records
need to be shown, although the record in default language is  hidden. In
pibase, you can just tell enableFields to also fetch hidden records
first [1] Of course wrapped in some condition, that this only happens
when config.sys_language_uid > 0
When you fetch the overlay record, the visibility of that record then
needs to be taken into account.

I tried to implement that in Extbase some time ago, but the big problem
is, that this api is only available in the frontend
($GLOBALS['TSFE']->sys_page->enableFields), but not in the backend
(t3lib_BEfunc::BEenableFields)

Is there any other to only include "hidden" records, but respect
settings for start- and endtime?

Regards,
Andreas

[1]