[TYPO3-mvc] classes not saved into the db

Zalán Somogyváry zalan at gmx.net
Tue Jun 28 15:31:11 CEST 2011

Hi list,

Extbase does not seem to persist all the subclasses of an aggregate root....
I have a competition object as aggregate root, which has many students (the participants of the competition), but when I try to save the students data to the db extbase goes on with no error but without saving the data into the db....

Here is my createAction:

	/**
	 * Saves the data to the database.
	 *
	 * @param Tx_MyExtension_Domain_Model_Competition $competition
	 * @param Tx_MyExtension_Domain_Model_Student $student
	 */
	public function createAction(Tx_MyExtension_Domain_Model_Competition $competition, Tx_MyExtension_Domain_Model_Student $student){
		if($competition === NULL) return 'Sorry. You can\'t register now, because there are no competitions at the moment.';
		$competition->addStudent($student);
		$this->redirect('show',NULL,NULL,array('competition' => $competition));
	}

Can anybody give me a hint? I think I've configured the setup.txt well:

# FE Plugin configuaration
plugin.tx_tucompetitions {
	persistence {
		storagePid = {$plugin.tx_myextension.persistence.storagePids}
		classes {
			Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser {
				subclasses {
					Tx_MyExtension_Domain_Model_WebUser = Tx_MyExtension_Domain_Model_WebUser
			Tx_MyExtension_Domain_Model_WebUser {
				newRecordStoragePid = {$plugin.tx_myextension.persistence.webUserStoragePid}
				mapping {
					tableName = fe_users
					recordType = Tx_MyExtension_Domain_Model_WebUser
			Tx_MyExtension_Domain_Model_Student {
				newRecordStoragePid = {$plugin.tx_myextension.persistence.studentStoragePid}

Best regards,
Zalán Somogyváry