[TYPO3-mvc] Problems with Umlaute

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Tue Jun 28 13:36:07 CEST 2011

On 06/28/2011 01:22 PM, Michael Knoll wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> we are having problems with umlaute. When sending a form from backend
> (which I suppose is UTF8), we get the correct string if I do a
> die($string) in my Controller.
>
> When I use the string so set my property on the domain object and save
> it to database, it is not saved as UTF8.

[...]

Hi,

I suppose you're running TYPO3 4.5+? Are you running in native utf8 for
both TYPO3 (FE/BE) and the DB as well? If so you shouldn't have any
setDBinit or forceCharset in your localconf.php. You might however be
running in a "latin1-compat-mode" in case you upgraded from before 4.5.

There is also an extension something like "charset helper" which gives
you an action under "reports" that reports which DB-charset you're using
on your connection.

Give that a try first to make sure you're actually running clean UTF8.

Kind regards,
 Stefan