[TYPO3-mvc] Extbase doesn't update records, instead sets them to deleted

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 01:33:43 CEST 2011

Hoi folks!

I got a form with records (N), which are related
to a user record (A). After I submit the form, the
records (N) get deleted instead of being updated.

If I remove the "cascade remove" annotation
from the member (N) of the model (A), all works well;
the form is submitted and the records (N) get updated.

The described problem was also mentioned in my
topic "Extbase PropertyMapper in 1.2.0 (TYPO3 4.4)"
from 10.02.2011.

I'm using TYPO3 4.5, Extbase 1.3.0 now. Still the same.
I was wondering how I could import the extbase git repo
inside my local typo3 4.5 repo. I've checked out the
development branch of 4.5 and would like to use the
development version of Extbase/Fluid in there, instead
of copying files around into a separate directory.
(I'm on Windows though.)

Any idea how I could achieve that, so I could test
if the bug is already fixed? (If it is a bug.)

Thanks a lot,
Thomas