[TYPO3-mvc] UriBuilder: Setting linkAccessRestrictedPages to FALSE has no effect

Christine Gerpheide cgerpheide at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 13:39:37 CEST 2011

Hi list,

I am trying to build a link to a page using UriBuilder. If the user does not
have access to this page, I would like NO link to be generated.

UriBuilder::setLinkAccessRestrictedPages() seems to be exactly for this
case. However, setting this to FALSE does not seem to have an effect: the
link is still generated.

It seems that the reason for this is that inside
UriBuilder's buildTypolinkConfiguration() method, it has:

if ($this->linkAccessRestrictedPages === TRUE) {
 $typolinkConfiguration['linkAccessRestrictedPages'] = 1;
}

So the typolink config only changes if this property is true. If it's false,
I guess it uses some default typolink configuration.. which in my case seems
to be that this is already true (and I'd like to keep its current behavior,
in general). But so, I can't set it to false for this case.

This is a bug right? Has anyone had this problem? I'll raise an issue in the
bugtracker if so...

Thanks,
Christine