[TYPO3-mvc] [Bug discussion] #8494: Extbase now restricts queries to use only properties

Marc Bastian Heinrichs typo3 at mbh-web.de
Mon Jun 13 18:38:37 CEST 2011

Hey Sebastian,

> I was just reviewing https://review.typo3.org/#change,2652 //
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/8494
>
> and I think this functionality is a breaking change in some
> circumstances, i.e. when you did "$query->equals('tstamp', 1234567)"
> although there is no property "timestamp" in the class.
>
> The change has been merged in the meantime; and I'd like to know your
> judgement.
>
> Did you use statements like the above in your queries?

This is definitely a breaking change!
The merge was to fast for me, because I see the need for
some discussion.
I used statements like this, but I did not want to have those properites
(like tstamp, cr_date, cruser, starttime, endtime) in the domain model
when I implemented this. But I doesn't want to exclude
that there could be another conclusion (to have those table rows as
properties).

But much more important to revert this merge is, that the property path
comparison feature (e.g. $query->equals('posts.tag.name', $name))
will not work anymore.

Best
Marc Bastian