[TYPO3-mvc] session handling in extbase

Michael Knoll mimi at kaktusteam.de
Sat Jul 23 22:03:29 CEST 2011

Hi Thomas,

I think, if you really want to integrate our approach into extbase, you
should make use of reflection for this. We use an interface and do the
job manually. If you use reflection, you could use the DI of extbase to
call the session persistence stuff, when the object is created. If I had
the time, I would make it a little nicer - but at the moment, no chance.

We also had the problem, that we had to distinguish between TypoScript
data as default values, session values and GP vars that all operate on
the same object properties, so the session persistence became part of
the domain logic of the objects what made us use this approach.

But anyhow - it's a easy way to have session persistence - even if not
the easiest :-)

Greetings

Michael