[TYPO3-mvc] Validation for EmailAddress called when nothing is filled in, not required property

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu Jul 14 16:55:14 CEST 2011

Henjo Hoeksma wrote:

Hi,

> Yeah, that would be possible. But it doesn't make sense: I have not
> stated the property to be required. So, empty should be allowed default.

You have stated that the property must be a valid email address. An
empty string is no valid email address. So this could be logical too.
But of course you're right, this should be possible and is already
planned. There is already a conjunction and disjunction validator that
could be used to logically combine multiple validators (via AND/OR). The
part that's missing is the format of the annotation.. If you have an
idea, feel free to share it.

Best,
Bastian