[TYPO3-mvc] caching problem with f:form

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Wed Jul 6 10:31:45 CEST 2011

Am 04.07.11 14:29, schrieb Stephan Helten:
> Hi Franz,
>
> thank you so far.
> When configuring listAction as non-cacheable everything works fine, I
> already tried that before.
> But I want it to be cached correctly (taking the street-argument into
> consideration).

I advise against that.
You will come up with a very low CHR (cache-hit-ratio).
This will result in two problems:
- you will flood your cache tables, slowing down the entire server
- adding to the cache will be slower than delivering the page uncached

Like Franz said, pre-generating your caches might be an option, but if
we're talking streetnames in a medium sizes city this will be a LOT of
cache entries.

Now consider the permanent downside of this (slower cache lookups for
every page) vs. the benefit (maybe faster delivery of some pages).

As usual it's something to consider depending on the specific project,
but from what I read by now... just don't :)

cheers
Mathias

--
Ernesto, Nov. 9th 2010:
"In the graphics generation routines of TYPO3 *anything* could cause a