[TYPO3-mvc] fe_users - After Table Mapping custom field still missing

Christian Essl essl at incert.at
Tue Jul 5 14:17:27 CEST 2011

Hi,

I extended my fe_users table with a new integer field and set everything up in my extbase extension to map the table accordingly:

User-Model:
<?php
  class Tx_MyExtension_Domain_Model_User extends Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser
  {
    /**
     * @var int
     */
    protected $test;

    public function setTest($test)
    {
      $this->test = $test;
    }
    public function getTest()
    {
      return $this->test;
?>

----------------------------

Controller:
$this->userRepository = t3lib_div::makeInstance('Tx_MyExtension_Domain_Repository_UserRepository');
$this->view->assign('user', $this->userRepository->findByUid($GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->user['uid']));

------------------------------

Typoscript-Setup:
config.tx_extbase.persistence.classes {
    Tx_MyExtension_Domain_Model_User {
        mapping {
            tableName = fe_users

The table is correctly mapped, as it would throw an exception, if I removed the typoscript setup.

But when I try to output the new table field with {user.test} in my view, nothing is shown. Every other default field like {user.uid} or {user.username} is outputted correctly; only my custom field is missing. :(

I put the user-object in var dump, where my test-field only shows NULL:
["test:protected"]=> NULL

Am I missing something?