[TYPO3-mvc] DateViewHelper with german locale

Sebastian Schreiber me at schreibersebastian.de
Mon Jul 4 16:37:40 CEST 2011

Hi Stephen,
you already gave yourself all the correct and neccessary answers.
Check out the DateViewHelper within the ViewHelperIncubator-Project.
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/package-viewhelperincubator/
I think the DateTimeViewHelper is using the strftime function to output
a localized date.

Hope that helps

Am 04.07.2011 16:11, schrieb Stephan Helten:
> Hi,
>

> when using german locale (in ts):
>
> config. locale_all = de_DE.utf8
>

> The fluid ViewHelper call
>

> <f:format.date format="d. F Y">20110704</f:format.date>
>

> results in "04. July 2011" instead of "04. Juli 2011".
>

> The ViewHelper is using DateTime->format.
>
> I think DateTime doesn't support localized month names.
>

> Do you know something about this problem, can you affirm this behavior?
>
> Am I doing something wrong or should I write my own ViewHelper using a
> function like strftime that supports it.
>

> regards
>

> Stephan Helten

Sebastian Schreiber
(Medieninformatiker)