[TYPO3-mvc] HTML Entities

Felix Eggbert eggbert at phez.com
Wed Jan 26 16:03:23 CET 2011

Hi,

How are HTML entities handled by Fluid? In my extension I have one entry
that has German umlauts as well as an ampersand (something like “Jäger &
Müller”). The HTML output looks like this: “Jäger & Müller”. The
ampersand is converted but the umlauts are not.

So my question is: How is data processed? It looks to me that its being
applied with htmlspecialchars() contrary to htmlentities()? Or is this a
global TYPO3 setting I can adjust somewhere?

Thanks  and regards!

Felix