[TYPO3-mvc] View not found

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Jan 26 12:52:11 CET 2011

Hey,

> I wrote an action to export some data from my webpage based on the
> current view.
>
> After that I decided to change the names of the actions to reflect
> what was happening. That meant I had to adjust my flexform as well.
>
> Then I cleared all caches and had a look at the website. That worked
> fine till I called my export action. Then I was greeted with a view
> not found error.
>
> Turned out that the reason for that was that in the plugin config the
> mode was set to a non-existing config (as I renamed my actions) which
> obviously wasn't a problem for the first action but for the second
> one.

What do you mean by "non existing config"? Was there a reference to a
not existing action? In that case you should have gotten a
"Tx_Extbase_MVC_Exception_NoSuchAction" exception or you get redirected
to the default action for your plugin. If that didn't happen the action
name still might have existed in your controller?

> Especially the fact that the view that wasn't found was the one that
> it rendered correctly didn't really help finding the culprit.
>
> I think this has to be more robust. Were do I file issues?

You can add bug reports on forge [1], but please search first if there
isn't already a report for this kind of issue. Personally I can't
reproduce it. If I change the name of a action and f.e. call a URL
requesting that action I get the correct exception. So please double
check if it's really a bug.

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-mvc/issues