[TYPO3-mvc] link.action format="..."

Raymund Tump raymund.tump at gmx.de
Tue Jan 25 17:39:08 CET 2011

Hi,

I searched a bit on google and in the archive (the interface to search
the typo3 lists is broken by the way, who do I report that to?) for
the meaning of the format parameter of link.action.

One action of my extension should return a csv file, so I set
format=".csv" but got the error message that the view template could
not be found. Changing the format to "csv" helped in the end, but I
think the error message should contain the name for the searched
template as well. (I didn't expect that the extension of the template
file and the format have to match and the example talks about
'.html'.)

But the result of the action is just output to the browser and not a
file. So how do I achieve this?

PS: The examples for link.action from the documentation all show the
same error. The result is given as <a href...>foo</f:link.action>.

--
Regards
Raymund