[TYPO3-mvc] RFC#9174: Format.date is not capaple of locales due to missing feature in PHP

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Tue Jan 25 16:48:31 CET 2011

Hey,

>> The attached patch would be my suggestion.
>
> Ah, I just found this thread and your version now. I just committed a
> slightly modified version to trunk.

slightly modified according to which patch? Your quoting my thread but
seem to refer to a different patch ;)

I personally don't like the idea of flooding the deprecation log now -
there is absolutely no reason to do so, is it? Why can't both formats be
valid options, especially because extbase is internally using the
DateTime object which also only accepts the "date" format syntax and
using that syntax would prevent the conversion to timestamps, which
might not be a good idea for dates out of the scope of timestamps
anyway. By only allowing/supporting strftime we're solving one issue,
but are creating another one for those special date ranges, don't we?

So I have to give my -1 for the current solution.