[TYPO3-mvc] RFT (Request For Tests): support for TCA group fields (hurry to probably get it into 1.3.0)

Kevin Ulrich Moschallski km at 3digit.de
Mon Jan 24 21:32:08 CET 2011

Hi Franz,

i just tested it with MM_opposite_field without luck. The parents table
field is incremented by one, but no relation is written to the MM table
and the child table field isn't incremented.

Here my TCA:

parent:

'items' => array(
			'exclude' => 0,
			'label'   => 'Items',
			'config'  => array(
                                'type' => 'group',
                                'internal_type' => 'db',
                                'allowed' => 'tx_myext_domain_model_item',
                                'foreign_table' =>
'tx_myext_domain_model_item',
                                'MM_opposite_field' => 'portals',
                                'MM' => 'tx_myext_portal_item_mm',
                                'size' => 5,
                                'maxitems' => 9999
			)
		),

child:

'portals' => array(
			'exclude' => 0,
			'label'   => 'Portals',
			'config'  => array(
				'type' => 'group',
				'internal_type' => 'db',
				'allowed' => 'tx_myext_domain_model_portal',
				'foreign_table' => 'tx_myext_domain_model_portal',
				'foreign_field' => 'items',
				'size' => 5,
				'maxitems' => 9999,
				'MM' => 'tx_myext_portal_item_mm',
			)
		),

There is also a problem with MM_opposite_field in the core where the
value of the child table isn't incremented, you remeber?
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16294.

I'll look at your patch and maybe we could fix these together.

Regards,
Kevin